|Future pillars of growth|
- Revenue grew 17% yoy to $43.1B. Beats wall street's estimate of $40.2B. 14th straight quarters of double-digit sales growth.
- Net income of $15.5B which translates into earnings per share of $2.03. Beats wall street's estimate of $1.64
- Azure cloud revenue grew 50% yoy. Gross margin for the commercial cloud business has improved 4% to 71%.
- Licensed users of corporate version of Office 365 cloud-based software have gone up 15% yoy, resulting in revenue growth of 21%. Strong monetisation of Microsoft Teams.
- Subscribers to the consumer version of Microsoft 365 increased 28%
- Quarterly gaming revenue tops $5B for the very first time. Xbox content and services revenue jumped 40% yoy. Xbox hardware revenue gained 86% yoy.
- LinkedIn revenue increased 23% yoy.