Sunday, July 7, 2013

DW July 2013 Singapore Dividend Portfolio Update



No.
Stock Name
Percentage of total dividends received
1.
AIMS AMP
19.2%
2.
Starhub
14.8%
3.
SPH
8.9%
4.
Singtel
8.7%
5.
FCT
8%
6.
M1
7.6%
7.
CACHE
6.6%
8.
First REIT
5.1%
9.
CMT
5%
10.
Sabana
4.2%
11.
Suntec REIT
3.9%
12.
PLife
3.1%
13.
HPH
1.5%
14.
MIT
1.4%
15.
SATS
1.1%
16.
Neratel
0.6%

























I did not receive any dividends in July and no stocks was added. I shall discuss how dependent I am on certain stocks for passive income. The table above shows I am heavily dependent on AIMS AMP and Starhub for passive income. Secondly, REITs made up around 60% of my passive income stream while Non-REITs made up the remaining 40%. Not very healthy. If something disastrous is to befall REITs and telcos, my passive income stream will dry up fast! Therefore, I aim to diversify my portfolio further in the coming months. Sembcorp Industries, VICOM, ST Engg, Sheng Siong and Raffles Medical Group are on my watchlist. Unfortunately, their prices are still rather high even after the recent market sell-down.

The Singtel-led consortium did not win the Myanmar telco bid. However, the market seemed to like the outcome as the price was not affected negatively. I guess the good thing is Singtel can save up on huge initial investments in building the infrastructure in Myanmar. On the other hand. Neratel has the potential to gain indirectly from Telenor and Ooredo winning the bid. Both winners are already customers of Neratel's services in Malaysia and Indonesia. They may allocate some contracts to Neratel in Myanmar. I guess I am just lucky to add Neratel to my portfolio in May. (^__^)



Fortune favors the brave
Dividend Warrior

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...