Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Marina Bay Sands Stay-cation

How does one become wealthy? Well, many people will say "Earn, Save, Invest", then rinse and repeat the process again. However, I feel that something is missing. Yup, you guess it. The word "Spend" is missing. If a person is obsessed with "Earn, Save, Invest", he will become a scrooge.


Do not misunderstand me. I am not encouraging mindless consumerism, shallow materialism and impulse buying. I am talking about spending within one's means and not chalking up huge credit card debts. Sometimes, you need to reward yourself after working so hard over the year, albeit sensibly. 


Having said all that, I just wanna share my year-end stay-cation at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore. It was a great experience at the six-star hotel. Here comes the photo sharing :)


We checked in at night and went straight up to the Sky Park. The scenery was breathtaking!



We visited Hermes. The sales personnel was polite and helpful even though we did not buy anything. Kudos to them :)


Had dim sum for breakfast at a food-court called "Rasapura" (I hope I spelt that correctly :P )
The siew-mai, braised chicken feet (the flesh slid off the bone effortlessly) and har gao taste good. Char Siew bun is rather average.


After breakfast, we went up to the Sky Park again. Rather misty and windy. I went to the jacuzzi (I am scared of cold -__-") while my family relaxed in the pool. There is a cordoned area just for the VIPs. 


I am not a good photographer. These are the only better-quality photos that I took without my family members and I being inside. I will try to improve my photography skills.

I am definitely going back to Marina Bay Sands. Two things I wanna try on my 2nd visit. 1) Chocolate buffet at the Sky Park. 2) Fine dining at "CUT", a restaurant owned by celebrity chef, Wolfgang Puck. 

Time to start saving up.

As for details on room rates, facilities, services and events, you can check out the website below. I do not wanna bore you with the details.
Marina Bay Sands < Click Click :)


Total damage to wallet is about $450. I feel it is a little pricey, but I am happy with the quality of facilities, service and food.

Finally, I will like to wish everyone Merry, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)


Peace Out,
Dividends Warrior


6 comments:

Phileas.Wind said...

It's so beautiful! I'd want to go too..
Just checked the rates, 350++ per night stay. hmm.. maybe CNY is a good time for me to take a break and relax there, hehe

How is the time of stay counted? let's say book 20th Jan, 1 night stay means 20th 12:00PM to 21st 12:00PM check out.. is it like this?

Dividend Tech Warrior said...

Hi 风隐,

Yup, it is a nice place with great scenery.
U r rite on the time of stay. They will probably offer some CNY package soon. Maybe I will go back during CNY too :)

karmun said...

i went to stay in this hotel too!! nice one =] but expensive ==

Anonymous said...

nice and beautiful place!! =)

happy new year!! =) start you day and year with a smile.. =)

Dividend Tech Warrior said...

Hi Karmun!

Yup, the hotel is nice. A little expensive, but I think it was worth it ^^

Dividend Tech Warrior said...

Hi Pauline :)

Happy New Year to you too ^^